PEAR & COCONUT CAKE
An easy and guilt-free delicious treat. Also, it is a VEGAN, VEGETARIAN and DAIRY FREE.
You can also add some yogurt, ice cream or cream on the side.
- 2 c wholemeal self-raising flour (or add 5 tsp baking powder if you use normal flour)
- 1/2 c almonds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 1/3 c coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp ginger ground or 1 tsp of fresh ginger
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c dates chopped
- 4 pears
- Top with desiccated coconut and chopped almonds if desired
- Preheat oven to 175 °C fan bake, and grease the sides and base of a 24 cm cake tin (I use this macadamia oil).
- Slice your pears and arrange it in the base of the tin.
- Chop the remaining pears into chunks and set aside.
- Grind almonds in a blender to a flour, pour into a large bowl, then add flour, 1/4 tsp sea salt, ginger ground (or fresh)
- Add the remaining dry ingredients on top and stir to combine.
- Blend coconut cream, coconut oil, vanilla essence in the blender until frothy. then mix dry and wet ingredients.
- Add pears and dates and mix (don't over mix so your cake stays nice and fluffy), then put the mixture into the tin taking care not to disturb your pear arrangement.
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Remove from the oven and turn upside down.
- Sprinkled with desiccated vanilla coconut and chopped almonds
PS: my fav coconut chips are from Beach Harvest
HEALTHIEST CARROT CAKE YOU WILL EVER BAKE
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 cup coconut unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3 tbs chia seeds gel
- 3/4 cup dates water
- 1/3 cup tahini (or sub almond butter but tahini has a better flavour for this cake!)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 3 cups shredded carrots (medium grate)
- ½ cup raisins, walnuts and apricots
- Extra walnuts and shredded coconut