Tired of the same meal prep ideas day after day? These simple nutritious recipes can be whipped up in under 30 minutes. We've got you covered from breakfast till dinner.
All recipes make one serving, and can be stored in the fridge or freezer. Learn how to store your meal prep safely to avoid food poisoning.
Vegan Spinach, Pomegranate and Feta Salad
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 cup crumbled vegan feta
- 1 cup broken walnuts, broken
- ¼ cup sliced red onions
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- For salad, place spinach, feta, walnuts and sliced onions into leakproof container.
- For vinaigrette, mix extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and add salt and pepper (to taste) in a small sauce container.
- Toss salad with vinaigrette, and enjoy.
Easy Keto Ham and Egg Muffin
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup bacon
- ½ cup tomato, diced
- 2 tsp shallots, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Oil muffin baking pan.
- Crack one egg into each muffin cavity.
- Divide bacon, tomato and shallot between 6 cavities, or as desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until eggs are cooked, and enjoy.
Pesto, Rocket Freekeh
- 1 cup freekeh
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 Tbsp pesto
- ½ cup feta
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Add freekeh and boiling water to microwave safe container.
- Microwave for 10 minutes (600W microwave), and let sit covered for 5 minutes.
- Drain excess water from freekeh.
- Combine cherry tomatoes, pesto, feta, salt and pepper with freekeh, and enjoy.
Keto Tuna and Egg Salad
- 1 can tuna
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 Tbsp capers
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 4 Tbsp (60mL) mayonnaise
- ½ tsp mustard
- 2 boiled eggs, diced
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ Tbsp lemon juice
- 30g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup leafy greens
- Mix all ingredients, except cherry tomatoes and leafy greens, in a leakproof container.
- Top with cherry tomatoes and leafy greens.
- Throw into bag and enjoy.
Strawberry Chia Pudding
- 6 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Freeze-dried strawberries
- Mix chia seeds, milk and vanilla extract in a sealable container.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or leave overnight
- Top with strawberries and enjoy.
Meal Prep Tips
Keep your goal in mind when you're meal prepping - whether that is to lose weight, eat more nutrition-dense foods, or just want a simple and cheap way to eat.
Make your life easier by writing up your grocery list before you shop. This way you won't be missing ingredients last minute. After all, meal prep
Start with just meal prep for lunch or for only three days, if meal prep for a whole week sounds overwhelming. You can slowly build your recipe repertoire as you become more familiar. Get creative by adding your own twist to these meal prep recipes - and you're on your way to becoming a meal prep master!
Choose healthy meal prep recipes that you love, otherwise you may have several days worth of food left over. By having a range of recipes that you enjoy, you'll be less likely to opt to get fast food or delivery.
Remember to store your meal prep safely to avoid it going off. Store your food correctly to avoid food poisoning and have meals that taste fresh throughout your week!
Join our private Facebook group "Tasty, but healthy" for more easy and nutritious recipes.